Friday, March 30, 2007

Note to self…Next time you rent a car, check the glove box for anything that really shouldn’t be there.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/C/CAR_SNAKE?SITE=PAGRE&SECTION=US&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2007-03-30-20-12-44

Of all the things you might expect to find in the glove box, like a road map, car registration or even a flashlight, I bet a snake is not one of them.

But that's what happened Wednesday at the Budget rental location near Milwaukee, Wisconsin’s General Mitchell Airport.

A car had just been returned, when Budget employees opened the glove compartment and found Sammy, a four foot red-tail boa constrictor who had gone missing when his owners had rented the same car several weeks earlier. Richard Houston and Rosanne Burks, Sammy’s parents, had left little Sammy in the car alone while they went shopping. When they returned, Sammy was no where to be found and after searching under the seat and in the trunk they just presumed that he had been stolen and returned the car.

The local Animal Control officials had to be called in to help remove Sammy which even required the dashboard be taken apart.

The man who had been driving the car says he's glad he didn't find Sammy, or he probably would've passed out.

Well I think if I had found Sammy, I would have caused a horrible wreck, because trust me when I tell you that I wouldn’t have been able to get out of that car fast enough and, making certain I had brought the car to a complete stop, would not have been a priority.

No comments: