Sunday, March 18, 2007

Speeders beware -- there might be a leprechan waiting to bust you

I swear I have heard some weird stories in my life, but this is one that tops most others. Remember the movie Leprechan? Ok, well this one wasn't evil so-to-speak, but rather crazy in that an Orange County sheriff's deputy was dressed as a leprechaun, warning drivers to slow down. A laser speed gun clocked cars above his sign reading: "Watch your speed or it will cost you your pot of gold."

Deputies on motorcycles pulled over the lead-footed motorists who didn't ease off the gas pedal. The Orlando Sentinel reports the deputies were writing a ticket a minute.
Some drivers complain it's entrapment. But Richard Lockman, aka Deputy Leprechaun, says "the elf didn't force anybody to speed."

Maybe it's only me, but if I saw a leprechan on the side of the road with a laser speed gun saying to slow down, or I'll lose my pot of gold....I wouldn't be slowing down. If anything I would probably be laughing my butt off. Seriously, what were they thinking?

No comments: