Sunday, April 22, 2007

Man Shot at Firefighters Who Refused to Rescue His Cat

Personally, I am a cat person. In my later years I will probably turn into the crazy old cat lady. However, I don't know that I would go as far as shooting firefighters because they wouldn't get my cat out of a tree, for a reason...

Jeffrey Francis Cullen, 59, of Kingman, reported a tree fire on Aug. 17. Once the three-person crew arrived, Cullen told them he wanted his cat rescued from the tree.
Hualapai Valley Fire Department spokeswoman Sandy Edwards said a battalion chief told Cullen to call animal control or to wait for the cat to get hungry and come down.
The response apparently angered Cullen, who retrieved a small handgun from his home and came out shooting.

Thankfully no one had been shot. Apparenly Cullen admitted after his arrest that he had been drinking. This nice act lead him to a sentence of spending 5 months in jail. I love cats, but man, settle down. Cats have sharp nails, if they can get up the tree, they certaily can get down it once they are ready...at least in my experience

No comments: