Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Eek! Men flee after seeing 'giant rat'

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=bizarre&id=5051738

Rats are very common in the news these past weeks, first here at Saint Vincent and now at a work place in VIRGINIA, MN. Shannon Bergman, who is a "manly man" and works at an Iron Range tire shop, hopping and "shrieking" on desks. Arriving to work on Monday, they thought that a gaint rat broke into the work place.

"I was the first one into work that morning and the first one out," said Shannon Bergman, an off-road tire salesman. "I walked in, and in the waiting area I saw this big rat, and I took off." After scampering out the front door, Bergman called a buddy and told him to bring a rifle to dispatch the critter.

Bergman and his buddy went looking around in the office and suddendly a box falls, "I must have jumped a foot," said Bob Dethloff,"I thought it was going to attack me from behind."

Dethloff's little son was also there with him and once he noticed the "rat" he stated, "Ryan comes out of the office screaming, and he says, 'It's huge!'" Bergman said. "It was the size of a cat."

"I guess he jumped on top of a desk and screamed like a girl who had seen a mouse," Starr said of Ryan Dethloff.

At the end of this mishap, an employee shot and killed the "rat," which was really a muskrat.

I wonder where the next rat story will be?

No comments: