Saturday, February 3, 2007

Jesus...now that's a controversial costume

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_2184189.html?menu=news.quirkies


I remember when I was young how excited I would get when my mom would ask my sister and I, "OK, what do y'all want to be for Halloween?"

I recall spending days trying to dream up something creative, after all I couldn't dare dress up as a fairy princess, a ghost, or even Frankenstein, that's what everyone else would be wearing. No, I had to be different.


The year I turned nine, I remember dressing up as Paul Stanley from Kiss. That's the year I realized adults obviously had no clue about the world, because my dad
and grandmother thought I was Gene Simmons and kept asking me to stick out my tongue. How could they not know the difference between each band member, had they been living in a cave somewhere...

Well, if anyone has ever been like me and felt the need to dress up as the most unlikely character they could think of, fret no more. Shopkeepers in Italy recently began carrying Jesus costumes. The £8.40 kit comes complete with robe, plastic crown of thorns and a false beard. Vatican officials are of course outraged.

Seems to me if it were a real Jesus "kit" it would include sandals.

What's next, a Mother Teresa kit?

No comments: