Friday, February 23, 2007

Well Lindsey, you asked for it…The next rat story. :o)

Story Link

All around the world people start their day off by saying “Well, it’s back to the rat race”, but a great number of people in NYC today were amazed that the rat race they were in, involved actual rodents.

At the Taco Bell/KFC franchise in Greenwich Village today, a large crowd gathered outside the doors of the staring in with complete disbelief as a dozen or more rats crawled on the tables, high-chairs and counters virtually ransacking the place.

While rats and other vermin have been an issue in NYC for decades, if not centuries, they are usually found in sewers and abandoned buildings, rather than running amuck at a busy fast-food chain. Neighbors claim that restaurant employees were not as diligent as they should have been in regards to cleanliness and garbage disposal, but city Health Inspectors believe construction in the basement may have stirred up the nest.

So the next time I’m feeling sorry for myself because I have to get up and go to work, I’ll remind myself that the rat race I’m running could be worse…it could include real rats. EEEEEEWWWWW!!!!

First an E. Coli outbreak and now rats... I'm beginning to understand why some people refer to it as Taco Hell... What's next?

Rat Video

No comments: